Monday, August 9, 2010

Tiny Ties...

...for little guys. Among the many engaged brides-to-be and summer weddings I've been doing makeup for, I've also been crafting like a madwoman. I am making this upcoming September wedding as DIY as possible. That includes places cards, guest book and fabric pennants (my next project). Pretty sure my fingers are going to fall off. Today I went to Ross, the mecca of cheap finds, and picked up these two ties for $7.99 each. It's been too difficult finding children's ties in a non-bright color and I love how neutral yet whimsical these polka dot ties are. I used this great tutorial I found on Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! I made these two ties for my beau's nephews who will likely steal the spotlight in their parents' wedding (coming up in five weeks!). These little men are going to look great in their seersucker suits and tiny ties. I highly recommend this tutorial as it was simple to follow. Make sure to measure your little one from the neck to the top of their would-be belt buckle to make sure the tiny tie is not too tiny. The brothers are pretty cute as is and these ties will be the icing on the cupcakes! I'll be sure to post photos of the mini men all suited up!

No comments:

Post a Comment